- Q?What is life coaching?
- Provides a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental space where clients can speak their mind and be heard
- Concentrates on the focus provided by the client
- Creates clarity and moves the client into action
- Assists people to set better goals or intentions and then supports them in reaching/attaining those items
- Accelerates the clients progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice
- Provides the necessary tools, support and structure to accomplish more
- Concentrates on where the client is now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future
- Q?What is the Cost?
There are three levels of coaching packages from which you can choose. These packages are customizable to best fit your needs. Check with your accountant as coaching fees may be tax deductible.
- Q?How long do sessions continue?
There is no set length of time for sessions. You continue to work with me until you achieve your goals. Most clients find they need a minimum of 12 sessions so an initial commitment of 3 months delivers the best results. Others continue for extended periods of time. It is up to you, your progress toward your goals and your satisfaction with the coaching experience. The practical results-oriented approach of coaching motivates you to make the changes you want in your life in a relatively short time.
Factors that may impact the length of time include: the types of goals, working styles, and frequency of sessions.
- Q?When, Where, and How are Coaching Sessions Conducted?
After the initial meeting to establish the guidelines and expectations of working together, coaching sessions can be done either face-to-face, by phone, or Skype. Sessions typically last 50 minutes usually 4 times per month. The schedule, format and location of sessions is established by you and I together to best meet your needs. Between sessions e-mail may be used to communicate questions and answers.
- Q?How is Life Coaching Different from Therapy?
Thomas Leonard, founder of Coach University, has made the following distinctions between Coaching and traditional therapy:
- Coaching is about achievement; therapy is about healing.
- Coaching is about action; therapy is about understanding.
- Coaching is about transformation; therapy is about change.
- Coaching is about momentum; therapy is about safety.
- Coaching is about intuition; therapy is about feelings.
- Coaching is about joy; therapy is about happiness.
- Coaching is about performance; therapy is about progress.
- Coaching is about synchronicity; therapy is about timing.
- Coaching is about attraction; therapy is about protecting.
- Coaching is about creating; therapy is about resolving.
- Q?What are some life coaching benefits?
- Major breakthroughs in areas where you have been stuck.
- Making better decisions because your focus is clear and taking smarter actions.
- Developing a balanced life that works because you have designed it.
- Experiencing a greater enjoyment of life and work because you get solutions.
- Setting better goals with a coach in your life.
- Clarifying your values, goals, and abilities.
- Identifying and aligning with your true passions and desires.
- Designing strategic, manageable, and achievable action plans.
- Maximizing your strengths and increasing confidence.
- Sharpening your skills.
- Increasing enthusiasm, motivation, and accountability for greater success.
- Q?What happens when you hire a coach?
- Coaching increases your knowledge of who you are, what you really want, your strengths, your areas for improvement, and what self-limiting beliefs and habits you have that may be holding you back.
- Coaching gives you a reason to take time out from your busy life to find out more about yourself, about where you are in your life and where you really want to be.
- Coaching gives you the opportunity to take control of your life, and to start directing its course, rather than being swept along with the prevailing tide.
- Coaching helps you to identify self-limiting beliefs, become aware of them, and to replace them with more empowering beliefs and thought patterns.
- Coaching can help you speed up the process of reaching your goals. A coach will help you to clarify what it is that you want and come up with specific actions that you will take to bring you closer to your goals. Your coach can help you to identify what it is that has been holding you back from achieving your goal, and help you to overcome any obstacles.
- Q?Who hires a life coach?
You can benefit from a coach, if:
- You have the desire to do more and be more
- You feel stuck in life
- You know what you want but need help getting there
- You are looking for effective ways to make your dreams reality
- You need motivation and accountability to truly accomplish your goals
- You are going through a major life change such as divorce or career transition.
- You need support in areas such as recovery, anxiety, or depression.
- You have challenges in your family such as raising teens or step-family issues.
- Your marriage needs a tune-up.